What is The Cook Collective?
The Collective is the student leadership body of Alice Cook House. The Collective organizes social programming designed to enhance your living experience here. The Collective is open to all Alice Cook House residents, whether you live in North Baker, Baker Tower, Boldt Hall, Boldt Tower, 122 McGraw, 625 University, or Cook Main.
What positions are available?
President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Publicity Chair, WCHS Leadership Forum Rep, North Baker Rep, Baker Tower Rep, Boldt Hall Rep, Boldt Tower Rep, 122 McGraw Rep, 625 University Rep, Cook Main Rep, RSC (Residential Student Congress) Rep, NRHH (National Residence Hall Honorary) Rep. All Alice Cook House residents are welcome at all Collective meetings and events, regardless if you hold a formal position or not.
How do I join?
Attend Collective meetings Sundays at 6:00 PM in the Seminar Room.
Why The Collective? Why Me?
- The Collective provides a unique student leadership opportunity where you can help design and implement programs for a community of around 450 upperclass students residing in 7 distinct buildings that comprise Alice Cook House.
- You can use your graphic design skills to create impactful advertising campaigns.
- You can manage a budget.
- You can create the kinds of programs, events, and activities that you've always wanted to attend.
- You can lead meetings and structure them to be exciting and effective.
- You can meet new people and you can reach out to your neighbors as their representative voice to advocate for community needs.
- You can support your cause by designing community service opportunities.
- You can make a difference to your friends and neighbors living in Alice Cook House by helping make it a home away from home.
- You can be directly involved with creating a fun, social, relaxed, intellectual residential living and learning experience.
- It's fun!